Produced by Italian rum specialists Habitation Velier in conjunction with French whisky experts La Maison du Whisky, this is a rare aged release from Hampden Estate. Hampden Estate is one of the most incredible distilleries not only in Jamaica, but in the entire Caribbean region. Hampden has been released under its own name.
After more than 250 years, this is the first official Hampden Estate Rum. This liquid is a celebration of its terroir: oceans of sugarcane, natural spring water, wild fermentation with local yeasts, aged in its natural tropical climate. Hampden Estate produces some of the best rum in the world, based on 5 objective criteria :
- Spring Water - Throughout the production process, Hampden uses only water flowing from a natural source that collects into an uncontaminated reservoir.
- Wild Fermentation and the Art of High Esters - Hampden runs an extremely extended fermentation using natural yeasts. The distillery preserves the art of High Ester and produces rums using the same, unique and secret methods since the 18th century. The result is a spirit with an unmistakable aromatic profile, thanks to a very high level of esters.
- 100% Pot Still - Hampden rums are batch distilled only in double retort copper pot stills.
- Fully Matured in the Tropics - Hampden rums are aged for a full 7 years in the tropical climate which is comparable to an average of 25 years aging in continental Europe.
- Natural Color & Sugar Free - Hampden distillery does not need to add anything to its rums. They are good with no additives and are sugar free.
La Maison & Velier